Saturday 18 September 2010

2 more visits; no more fish!

The first of this two visits saw me fishing a known hotspot, and a swim that's often taken. It's on the concrete bowl as close as your allowed to fish to diving board. I cast two rods close to the diving board and the third out into open water. I baited with loose boilies and chops in groundbait
With the help of some water carriers I managed to set up my shelter on the concrete, which gave me some protection from both the showers and the rampaging public (I'm not complaining really, the shared nature of the park keeps prices down, but after 78 "caught anything mate" you kind of lose your perspective.)
It was a quiet day again, people apart. No runs and no signs of fish. On reeling in at the end of the day, my rigs all seemed in good conditions and should have been sitting perfect.

The second visit allowed me another chance to fish one of the very popular swims; this one was round the other side of the island and nearly always has an angler in situ. I cast one rod to the island, reasonably tight, one around 20 yards off it, and another out into open water to my right.
Baits and rigs were basically the same, and I again baited with sticked-out boilies and pva sticks.
Again no bites were forthcoming, although I could only stay until lunchtime, and I again reeled in fishless, although I did manage to reel in someone's broken off chod rig. As well as no runs, I also was not able to see any signs of fish; rolling, bubbling etc., which obviously makes deciding whether there are fish in front of you difficult. the gulls were again a problem in baiting up, but more of that in the next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment