Saturday 18 September 2010

Second visit: some bites!

This time I decided to fish in one of the popular swims; a lovely long swim, sheltered by trees with the island to your right and the diving board and concrete bowl to your left. I'll call it Tree-Island-Bowl-Swim, which is wrong in so many ways, not least of all 'cos I'll abbreviate it to TIBS.


8lb 10oz Bream

Anyway, enough nonsense. I fished 3 rods again, one again with the KD rig and a pop-up and bottom bait, one standard hair rig with a tiger nut, and one KD rig with a bottom 18mm boilie. I cast one rod close to the island, on about 35yds out, 20 yds to the left of the island and one far to my left and about 40yds out.
9lb 4oz Bream


After casting out my rods, I began tidying up my usual 'set up in a hurry' mess, and began setting up my day shelter. Half way through that I looked at my rods, and the middle bobbin was hanging very low, it then slammed into the rod blank, then dropped low again. Shocked somewhat to have a bite; excited also, though tempered slightly by the obvious 'Bream-like' nature of the bite, I eventually got to the rod and tightened up to the fish.
It felt heavy, but gave no fight, and it was no surprise to pull a Bream into the landing net. However I was still pleased as my previous biggest fish caught 30yrs ago, was 6lbs, and this looked bigger. It went 8lb 10oz, so a new PB. Photo done and after it shared some lovely Bream-slime with me and the net it swam off strongly.

I cast the 18mm boilie rig back out on the same spot, and turned to finish off the shelter, all done, and I began packing my kit away inside it... one I noticed the middle rod's bobbin doing it's dance again. Leant into the fish; it felt very Bream like again and this proved to be true as I drew another large Bream into the net

This one looked bigger, and I hoped for a double figure fish, but it only went 9lb 4oz but a new PB again, so all good. No more bites came my way, I had another doggie visitor to the swim, but just the one, so an improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment